To subscribe to ExchangeEveryDay
, a free daily e-newsletter, go to www.ccie.com/eed
Composing a New Vision
May you have the courage to listen to the voice of desire, That disturbs you when you have settled for something safe. May you have the wisdom to enter generously into your own unease, To discover the new direction your longing wants you to take.
In their inspiring and popular book, From Teaching to Thinking, Ann Pelo and Margie Carter offer these phrases that, as they write, “could serve as a playlist we might write the music for, composing a new approach to leadership and professional development:
- Our vision is the fullness of our dreaming with hope;
- Carrying a vision of a community that learns;
- Waking a community into conscious conversations;
- How will we become ourselves?
- How will we express ourselves?
- Structures determine the shape of our days;
- Systems embody and amplify our values and vision;
- Systems mean decisions about how we allocate our resources of time, money and leadership.”
For more information about Exchange's
magazine, books, and other products pertaining to ECE, go to www.ccie.com
© 2005 Child Care Information Exchange - All Rights Reserved
| Contact Us
| Return to Site