My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
-Clarence Budinton Kelland
An earlier edition of ExchangeEveryDay quoted Ann Pelo and Margie Carter (in their bestselling book, From Teaching to Thinking) about their hopes for how teachers will engage with children. Following are their hopes for how leaders will engage with educators. They write:
"And here’s how I hope that pedagogical leaders engage with educators:
- I hope that we hold educators in the highest regard.
- I hope that we invite educators to stretch even as we affirm their competence and knowledge.
- I hope that we honor heart and spirit as well as mind.
- I hope that we plan for professional learning responsively and with curiosity, with clearly articulated values and pedagogical commitments.
- I hope that we make educators’ learning visible to them, as well as their questions and misunderstandings, in a way that invites further questioning and learning.
- I hope that we engage educators in the pursuit of an idea over long stretches of time.
- I hope that we are willing to be changed by what we learn from and with educators.
From Teaching to Thinking, the newest title from Exchange Press, will be in stock late September.
From Teaching to Thinking is the guide for professional learning that strengthens educators’ development as thinkers, researchers, innovators and constructors of knowledge.
Pre-order today and get FREE SHIPPING on this title.
May not be combined with any other offer.
Estimated in stock late September 2018.
Offer applies to budget shipping to USA on this book only.